The hosts at Hobatere are members of the local community. In the middle of the wild our guests can look forward to a warm welcome, personalised service, excellent food and inviting chalets with comfortable beds.
Guests on a fly-in safari are requested to coordinate their arrival and pick up times with our reservations office before arrival.
The lodge has an airstrip and is situated in a concession area of 8,808 ha which is home to a wide selection of game, including elephant, giraffe, eland, and Hartmann’s zebra.
The lodge offers the visitor the opportunity to experience game drives in open vehicles with experienced and knowledgeable rangers. Early morning and night drives are part of the activities on offer. Many nocturnal animals, such as aardvark, cape fox, bat-eared fox, aardwolf, genet and many more can be encountered. Activities also include drives into the Etosha National Park.
The lodge belongs to the #Khoadi //Hoas Conservancy. One of the primary objectives of the lodge is to increase the benefits to the local community, reducing human wildlife conflict and also conservation of the area.
The spacious restaurant is complemented by a lounge, bar area and an outside veranda with seating for watching the wildlife parade at the waterhole.
There is a swimming pool next to the main area with sun lounges for relaxing under the Namibian sun.
Hobatere runs a small curio shop.
- 6 rondavel-style chalets with twin beds.
- 6 double rooms which can accommodate a third person on request, and 2 single rooms for guides.
- Each room has a bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin plus complementary toiletries.
- Each room has a small deck in front; the coffee and tea station comes with a hot water flask (refillable at reception).
- A swimming pool with sun loungers next to the main area.
- A spacious restaurant complemented by a lounge, bar area and an outside veranda with seating for watching the wildlife parade at the waterhole.
- A small curio shop.
- An exchange library to trade your holiday read for another book.